Function and Form Type 2 Coilovers - Honda Accord CG 1998-2002
The Type Two Coilover is our flagship full bodied coilover. More aggressive than the Type One, we aimed to make it the ultimate street inspired coilover. Our philosophy was a coilover designer for street durability, comfort, and style, but can endure the occasional track days. A lot of our customers dream of hitting the track, but the reality is they want to enjoy their pride and joy on the streets as well. A dedicated track car is not a choice for many. But thats ok, because we designed a suspension that can let you enjoy the streets or an occasional fling on the track. You pick.
In achieving this, we wanted to make a stronger product to endure the imperfections of the real world. Steel materials have been used for the lower mounts to give the shocks OEM durability. Spring rates are slightly more aggressive than a Type One, to handle occasional track duties and spirited street driving (although we always suggest safe and smart driving on public roads). Yet this did not sacrifice ride quality. Twin tube shocks are used for durability and a smoother ride on the street. Our goal is to offer you a suspension that can handle the wear and tear of daily driving duties. With the Type Two’s 32 levels of dampening adjustment, you can dial in ride and handling characteristics for the street or the track, giving you ultimate versatility.
- 32 levels of dampening
- Dampening adjustments made with a knob that “clicks” at each level
- Spring rates: Front 12k, Rear 6k
- Steel lower mounts for maximum strength
- Adjustable Camber Plates *when applicable*
- Top mounts included on applications that are applicable
- Ride height adjustable separate of pre-load
- Special oil lubrication to withstand conditions from -40 degrees Celsius to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Dual tube shock design for maximum ride comfort.
- Double wishbone piston size 43mm
- McPherson strut piston size 50mm
ATTENTION: While most of our parts are in stock and ready to ship, some parts may require shipping from Japan, which can result in a 4-8 week lead time.
Please contact us prior to placing your order, if you would like to confirm availability.
We Also Recommend
Function and Form Type 2 Coilovers - Acura Integra DA 1990-1993
Function and Form Type 2 Coilovers - Acura Integra DC5 2002-2006
Function and Form Type 2 Coilovers - Acura TL 2004-2008
Function and Form Type 2 Coilovers - Acura TSX 2004-2008